Total Pageviews

THE HIMALAYAN DISASTER: TRANSNATIONAL DISASTER MANAGEMENT MECHANISM A MUST

We talked with Palash Biswas, an editor for Indian Express in Kolkata today also. He urged that there must a transnational disaster management mechanism to avert such scale disaster in the Himalayas. http://youtu.be/7IzWUpRECJM

THE HIMALAYAN TALK: PALASH BISWAS TALKS AGAINST CASTEIST HEGEMONY IN SOUTH ASIA

THE HIMALAYAN TALK: PALASH BISWAS TALKS AGAINST CASTEIST HEGEMONY IN SOUTH ASIA

Twitter

Follow palashbiswaskl on Twitter

Friday, August 6, 2010

Fwd: [bangla-vision] Bloody Rascals Looting India



---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Prathiba Sundaram <prathibasam@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, Aug 5, 2010 at 8:18 PM
Subject: [bangla-vision] Bloody Rascals Looting India
To: thejasknr@yahoogroups.com, msf kerala <msfkerala@yahoogroups.com>, z bangla-vision <bangla-vision@yahoogroups.com>, c_b_i@yahoogroups.co.in


 

Indians should take laws in their hands to handle these looters and save India.

Rocked by a series of widescale corruption allegations, the Commonwealth Games Organising Committee on Thursday cracked the whip on tainted officials by suspending three officials, including T.S. Darbari, a close aide of embattled chairman Suresh Kalmadi, and terminated a multi-crore contract with an Australian company.

The decisions were taken by the OC's all-powerful Executive Board which met for an emergency meeting in the wake of the corruption scandals that have engulfed the October 3-14 mega event.

Launching a clean-up operation to restore its credibility, the OC decided to suspend Joint Director-General T.S. Darbari, Deputy Director-General Sanjay Mohindroo and M. Jaychandran, Joint Director-General (Accounts and Finance) for their alleged role in the Queen's Baton Relay in London.

"We have suspended these officals as they were responsible for the delivery and conduct of the Queen Baton's relay in London. We are handing over the case to the Enforcement Directorate for further investigation," OC Secretary-General Lalit Bhanot told a press conference .

Mr. Bhanot said that the three-member panel probing the allegations of financial irregularities had submitted its report to the OC chairman and the Executive Board discussed their recommendations.

"The Committee members read out their report at the Board meeting and the decisions were taken", Mr. Bhanot said.

Mr. Bhanot said the resignation of Anil Khanna as the treasurer had been accepted by the Executive Board which has re-appointed senior adminstrator A.K. Mattoo to the post.

"With just 60 days left for the Games, we thought of appointing Mattoo for the job as he understands the working of the Federation", he said.

Under-fire chairman Mr. Kalmadi, who has been facing the heat in the wake of the corruption scandals and isolated within his party, skipped the press conference leaving Mr. Bhanot and Mr. Mattoo to face the media.

 

__._,_.___


--
Palash Biswas
Pl Read:
http://nandigramunited-banga.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

PalahBiswas On Unique Identity No1.mpg

Tweeter

Blog Archive

Welcome Friends

Election 2008

MoneyControl Watch List

Google Finance Market Summary

Einstein Quote of the Day

Phone Arena

Computor

News Reel

Cricket

CNN

Google News

Al Jazeera

BBC

France 24

Market News

NASA

National Geographic

Wild Life

NBC

Sky TV